Saturday, January 5, 2008

Obituary to a lost posession(rather obsoession)

Straight from the heart of an eMpTy mind ;)

After serving me in the best of my times as well tough times for close to two and half year, my nokia mobile, which was indeed connecting me, decided to change its master...
Thus it pushed itself out of my pant pocket, with a little jerk from the hands of some guy and landed in the hands of a extremely fortunate man... Presume, that soul had plans of making a fotune out of that mobile....But if my market estimate is right, for the wonderful condition that it was in, It should be fetch anything close to 400 rs (four hundred rupees - really).. So thats fortune indeed may be....

Lost my mobile in the central railways local train while getting down ......

Well... a little sad, that i lost my prized possesion... one that i got in the early days of TISS life... well i dint have one when i was an IT labourer for a year though, but since time and space was distancing me from my near and dear in chennai, had to get one when i started doing my PG in mumbai.

And now after so much of usage, the mobile which has ineed been through the tough times of July rain fall in 2005, drowned in orrisa floods, dipped in rasam container in kitchen, .....
Tolerated the wind, sunshine, cold and all the climatic conditions.... it was indeed worn out.... has prompted me to write this obituary mail....

I would have anyway parted with that beaten away mobile of mine.... but some fortunate guy in Badlapur slow local at 9 pm on a saturday evening probably wanted to experiment with the antique peice.

Providence - it may be called... :)

A little sad that i lost the 400 rs worth possesion (Was woth abt 4000 wen i got, one sada hua model ).....but more sad that i have lost all contacts.. the dumbo that i have become after doing MBA (Mediocre but arrogant)... dont remember any number.... but for very few ones... so thats the pain that i have indeed lost contacts and numbers......

Only yesterday, Anil Ambani was saying yesterday in the NDTV Profit,
"Apart from Roti Kapda, Makaan - Power and Mobile - are also the new necessities of life" He was telling in the conext, for ADAG has power and reliance communcations as its businesses..
i was just thinking how necessities are superimposed and creatd.. and was just thinking how attachd we have become to mobile...and all such noble thoughts..
and phew..... within 24 hrs, i have lost mine .............

So thats the status quo as of now...
I have kind of conciously thought of not getting a new one for some time...just to lead life in normal without a mobile... though the very thought in itself kind of literally scares me off, given the 'social' person i am :)

However, let me see, how long i can be without the same... a day or two.. hopefully, at least a week i should achieve..
would be reachable at 022 - 67063863, office desk no. shud be reachable generally from
9 30 am - 5 30 pm..... generally dont work late (for me late hours is till 6 30 pm) ....
Or may be you cud just give missed call at the rest of the time and i shall call back, for it does have an number display facility....as ever would be prompt in mails... especially in my official id.. ramanathan.v@db.com

Anil dude - let me see how far you are right ......... Have taken the challenge...
We indeed can connect...
After all connecting people is about connecting and not showing that we also connect.....
Isnt it.... :)

No comments: